Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Tow truck ride home

Yesterday..it started snowing and I had to work which is no big deal.
When I got off the roads were a little icy but mostly slushy. It's about a 15-20 min drive from Rockford to Belvidere. I had to drive slower due to the roads. I got into town and stopped at the 1st stoplight. It turned green but the car wouldn't go. It just squealed. I couldn't move forward or backwards. I thought oh it must be a flat tire. I looked and no it wasn't but the tire was all tilted in and wouldn't turn with the Steering wheel.

I call Don and he's like that isn't good. Oh great. Right away you think...is it not fixable or at what cost!!
I called AAA...we just got it about a month ago. In about 35 min they had a guy out to tow the car in.
Never rode in a tow truck before lol
It's the tie rod that night hooks the tires together. The tow guy said it probably broke earlier and because I was driving... The bad tire just rolled with the car until I stopped then it went haywire. He said I was fortunate that it didn't send me into the ditch. I was driving slower than normal which may have played a part into it.

Just another case that God was taking care of me. My guardian angel has a full time job with me lol

Not sure how much it cost cuz we don't really have a choice. Sometimes those things aren't best to know ahead of time lol

My 7th grade granddaughter is on a quiz bowl team and her very 1st quiz bowl is today at 4. I told him that I need the car by 2pm. No pressure right? We'll see if he can pull it off.

The only problem is that he needs to have a tow to get it in the garage. *Sigh*. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    UGh... car trubs are bad enough, but in that weather? Having spent as much as she is worth on Li'l Ren last year, I feel yer pain.
    Eyes on... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing more irritating that a car needing repairs! I hope it isn't too expensive!

    F

    ReplyDelete