Saturday, May 20, 2017

My Trash to treasure piece

This year my sister and I are doing something fun. We each take every other month and each week, we give each about 3 things to do each week. It could be making a new recipe, cleaning areas around the house like sock drawers etc or taking time to read etc. We each do the same thing together.
So one project this month is take something from a thrift store and turn it into a decoration.
I found this clay pot bottom and brought it home. I wasn't sure what to do with it but since I work at Michael's I knew that I had little junk items at home. Michael's has all this fairy garden stuff and I have never really got into it before.
I had the gate and birdbath at home and bought the little animals.
I had concrete mix so I made a little river for this guys boat.
I got the bright idea to see if I planted grass seed in the dirt areas...if it would grow. Well....you can see that there is no grass growing.
 I figured that I would have to replace the dirt with some fake grass. I looked tonight and there it is.
Real Grass!!! Oh my gosh.....I just started laughing...its so funny....I will have to mow the grass, lol


 I am going to add more grass seed now that I know that it really will grow. I'm just so excited!!
So....thats my trash to treasure piece!!

3 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh that is a great little craft project Diane!!! Do let us see it again once the 'lawn' is in shape &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete