Saturday, January 27, 2018

Still keeping on.

Hey. I'm back and soooo much has been going on....at my little corner. I've been bad and just hadn't taken the time to get here. I promised myself that I will get back to it this New Year. I don't know where to even start so I thought Id share my weight accomplishment.

I started this Sept 5th. Actually my sister and I are doing it together. We each made up our rules for what we wanted to do that way we will still to our own plans. We decided to weight and measure every Tuesday and report in. Oh...It was so hard in the beginning to give up all the "GOOD" stuff lol'
I thought that I was gonna die but no, I'm still here to tell about it HA!
So here are my rules:
6-8 glasses of water a day
No tea cuz I love TONS of sugar in it
No pop
No cookies and if I did no more than 2.
1 bread a day
6 chips, pretzels etc a day if needed
No fast foods...that was a killer!!
3 processed foods a week. (Processed food being over 5 ingredients in them)
2 lunch meats a week'
1 c. rice, pasta etc
No potatoes
1 slice of cheese a week
1 c. milk a day
1 c. cereal
Food portions had to fit in my hand.

Exercise: Swimming at least 3 times a week. I joined an exercise swim class.
aerobics and home exercise. I stuck to this exactly and lost either inches or lbs. each month and sometimes both at a time. I kept a journal of it all and so I can see progress.
So here are my results from 3 months progress: I was so excited!!
Total Stats for 3 months:
Chest 7 1/2
under chest 7
waist 7
stomach 6 1/2
hip 6
bottom 7 1/2
thigh 3 1/2
lower thigh 1 1/2
calf 2
arm 2 1/2
face 1

Then we faced December which I knew was gonna be hard and it was as hard as I thought. LOL
Treats at work, parties, Christmas... NO swim class for 2 1/2 weeks and well, I put on 5 lbs for the month. I thought it was gonna be worse but I can take it off in coming months.

January came and I thought ok! I can get back into it. Well....it didn't quite work that way. My husband got hurt and I will tell you about this later. Anyways he's been off work since beginning of Jan. You know how husbands being off knock you way off schedule? LOL I haven't been getting my exercising in cuz he is watching TV and I find myself sitting around with him. And when we were in the frozen tundra and I'm sitting around .. what do I do? SNACK!!!

I weighed last week and have gained 2 more lbs. YIKES!! But that knocked me upside the head.
Last week I got myself back to the pool and reclaimed some TV time in the afternoon LOL
I'm planning on the rest of Jan to get those 2 lbs off and keep on going.

Man!!! Its just as hard not to stop eating all the GOOD food as it was in the beginning LOL
I am determined and will accomplish my goal.
Short term goal is: Loose 20 lbs by April 15th
Soo....I'm keeping on keeping on!!! LOL

4 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    congrats on the improvements which did happen and wishing all the best for getting back on the track... sending POTP to hubby and very sorry to hear of this enforced break.
    Eyes on... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your success shows you will be able to get back to it soon and that you can do it. Hope hubby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, the secret really is to keep on keeping on! It's a marathon, not a sprint so some times are easier than others. Hang in there and hope DOn gets back to work soon!!

    Keep Calm & Bark On!

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete